Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sicky baby

I seem to be losing some steam on the blog posting front. Maddy has been sick with a cough and runny nose, which has kept me pretty busy making sure she stays fed and hydrated. Poor girl, she takes having a cold so much better than I do! I cooked some beef stew for the both of us to get our strength up, since I was sure I'd be sick next. I've been feeling kind of crappy, but Maddy is just running around cheerfully talking to herself as though nothing is wrong. If it wasn't for the runny nose and adorable sneezes, you'd never know she was sick.
I haven't felt much inclined to do any drawing, and I haven't made it into the studio at all. This morning I just feel dizzy and totally off. I'm ready to go back to bed.

I found a couple of recipes (here) for tomato red iron glazes that I plan to try in the studio this week. Now that I know more about controlled cooling, and programming the kiln to slow the cooling cycle down, I feel a little more confident about testing some these. I haven't punched them into my glazing software yet to see what they look like, and how stable they might be. They sure look pretty, though!

No comments: