Here are the rules.
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people. (I'm cheating - I don't want to tag anyone!)
- I am obsessed with Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics. Enough so that I have read both The Sandman Companion, and the Sandman Papers, just to learn additional facts and insight into the comic. I'm also a Gaiman fan, so I rabidly devour every single thing he puts out.
- When I was an elementary school, I wanted to grow up to be a writer. My first poem was about cats, and it was published in the school paper.
- I used to love video and computer games, but I never have time for them anymore. I live vicariously through my husband, and still read online articles about all the nifty indie games that people are coming out with these days. I believe video games can be art, just like anything else, especially when the visuals and the story are interesting and compelling.
- I used to be a goth kid. I would read anything having to do with vampires. Yes, I've read all of Anne Rice's vampire books, and Poppy Z. Brite too. I've since grown out of this phase, and I hate Twilight with a passion, FYI.
- I adore sci-fi and fantasy - literature, movies, comics, anything. I'm picky, but I think these genres have such brilliant potential to delight and inspire, and be absolutely brilliant.
- I love children's books, and movies. Having a kid just gives me an excuse to spend more time enjoying them.
- Our household collectively has 7 cats, although only two of them are mine.
- I am in Indianapolis because of Hurricane Katrina. Unlike many people affected, my family and home were unharmed, and my stay in Indy was supposed to be temporary. It just happened to be the big change I needed to make me get off my butt and get into a real art school. I'm incredibly lucky to be where I am today.
- I have worked as a vet tech, a video store manager, an ice cream server, a video arcade monitor, a consignment shop clerk, a "small animal specialist" (cleaning animal cages), a sculpture shop monitor, and a 1-hr photo tech before teaching at BGCW. I've had a lot of jobs!
- I didn't get my license until I was 18, and I didn't have a car until I was 21. Biking was my main form of transportation for most of my young life.
- Nich and I really want to move to another country, but we have difficulty agreeing on where we want to live, and we have no idea how we'd go about doing this. We like the idea of Finland, but I can't deal with months of no sun.
11 Questions to Answer
- If you won the lottery, what would you do? I'd be really boring and hire an accountant and a financial adviser first. Then I'd build a modest house on a few acres with a nice clay studio, hire an intern, and keep working. I'd set some money aside for travel, and to go to clay residencies, and I'd set aside some money for Maddy's college/business/travel/being-an-adult-is-hard fund.
- Would you rather be a vampire, or werewolf? Why? I'd rather be a vampire, so long as they don't sparkle. They've just got ages old sex appeal, and they're immortal. Can't beat that. Besides, I have no desire to be a hairy dog. I'm a cat person.
- Would you rather be AMAZINGLY smart, or AMAZINGLY beautiful? Why? (be honest!) Honestly? I'd rather be brilliantly smart. I love learning, and reading, and problem solving. Being beautiful would be great, but I'd rather get recognition for what I do than what I look like.
- What is one skill you wish you had? Why? I wish I could play an instrument! I just love music, and I've always secretly wanted to be a rock star;)
- What is something you are proud of yourself for? Finishing college! It sounds kind of simple, but I never really thought I'd get it together enough to graduate, let alone from a real art school. I've always been a bit of a slacker and an underachiever.
- What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to you (that you’re willing to share)? I'm sure there are things I could share, but I'm really having trouble thinking of any at the moment. I can't remember the last time I felt horribly embarrassed.
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live? I've recently seen pictures of Prague on Pink Cheek Studio's blog (really inspiring blog post for artists and crafters, btw), and I'm in love. But honestly, just about anywhere in Europe would be fantastic, or Japan. Preferably someplace with natural beauty, and a history of pottery making.
- Who is one of your favorite people? Why? My friend Rachel Bleil, because she is one of the most friendly, energetic, loving people I've ever met. She's an incredibly talented ceramic artist who has had a huge influence on me, and she just makes you feel good about yourself. She encouraged me to start submitting my work to national shows, and she also gives the best hugs!
- Telepathy or telekinesis? Why? My first thought is to say telepathy, but I think I'd spiral into a horrible depression if I knew what other people were thinking all the time. Telekinesis could be cool, but I'm not creative enough to think of what I'd do with it if I had it, besides dangling cat toys in the air with my mind to freak out the cats.
- If you had to live in a fantasy world from a TV show or book, what world would it be? Why? Oh man, I feel like such a dork... but probably Harry Potter. There are just too many awesome things in that world. Hopefully I wouldn't be a muggle.
- What is your dream job? Why? To make a living off my work! I want a rural pottery studio somewhere in Europe or on the east coast, and to be popular enough to sell my work and survive. I'd love to continue teaching clay as well.
I'm not tagging anyone, because I can't think of 11 other bloggers that I know very well, and that also read this blog. (I'm always surprised that anyone does!) But here are 11 questions for ya, in case you wanna join the party.
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Do you have a secret hidden talent that no one knows about?
3. Do you do anything crafty or creative? If so, what do you do, and why do you like to do it?
4. Do you like to read, and if so, what is your favorite book?
5. Star Trek or Star Wars?
6. Do you own a handmade mug? If so, do you use it?
7. Imagine you were the first to discover a new land, either here on Earth or somewhere in the Universe. What would it be like?
8. If someone offered you a million dollar book deal to write a book on any subject of your choosing, what would you write about?
9. What is your favorite animal? Why?
10. Do you have a favorite artist or crafter? If so, who is it, and why?
11. What is the most exciting thing you've ever done?
If you put this on your blog, send me a link so I can read your answers!