Saturday, March 13, 2010

The INDIEana Handicraft Exchange

It's 3 am. I just submitted my application to the INDIEana Handicraft Exchange 2 seconds ago.

Whew!

For those not familiar with the Handicraft Exchange, it's basically Indianapolis' answer to the Renegade Handmade Craft Fair in Chicago, Boston, and San Francisco. Amanda Tafflinger went this kick ass, non-grandma craft fair in Chicago and thought "Hey! We need one of these!" and started organzing the Handicraft Exchange here. I've visited nearly every event they've held since it started, and have endlessly drooled over all the amazing crafters, artisans, and other handmade vendors that have been at each event. They blow me away every single time.

It has been my dream to be one of those vendors and sell my ceramics at the Exchange, but I've put off applying because it just seemed too intimidating every time I thought about it. This year, I finally bit the bullet, got my tax ID and business permit, and submitted the app.

This is what I sent in:

"Lori Leaumont is an Indianapolis-based ceramic artist originally from New Orleans, living with her husband Nicholas Manuel, their 2 obese goldfish, and their 5 cats. She specializes in wheel thrown and hand painted porcelain pottery, as well as upcycled ceramics. She publishes a ceramic and daily drawing blog at 15paintedcups.blogspot.com, and sells her ceramics and prints at her Etsy shop, fanfareandfooaraw.etsy.com. You can contact Lori at fanfare_and_foofaraw@yahoo.com."

Think I have a shot?

Drawings tomorrow, I promise:) Maybe even new ceramic stuff, since I just got my 6 lb sample of Matt and Dave's new mid-fire porcelain, The Coup, in the mail today. Can't wait to test it out!


No comments: