Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 66: Work in progress

I started an official entry at work, but consuming pizza got in the way of finishing it. Instead of finishing it when I got home, I decided to work on the lineart for my Three Ninjas/Spiderman drawing from Day 56. Jason flipped out over it, so I offered to make a finished version, which he's going to use as an album cover.

OMGZ I FEEL LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD - I ALWAYS DREAMED OF DOING COVER ART!!! SO FREAKIN' PUMPED ABOUT THIS!!!



Ahem.


Here's where I'm at so far:
 

Man, I am really slow with the pen tool. But I decided, after seeing the vector version of my Pugs Rock design, that I should really learn to do digital lineart to make my designs look a little cleaner. My hand is just not that steady, and my inking looks like crap! Not like I'm gonna be a professional inker for Marvel or anything (I'm still a ceramic artist, after all). I'd just like to be able to make cleaner looking art.
Wish me luck - I feel like by the time this is done, I will be a Photoshop inking/coloring MASTER. Or at least I'll be a little faster at this. If anyone has an expert tips, please let me know!

No comments: