Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 68: Practice, practice, practice

This is what happens when you don't get on a the wheel for a few months. I am determined to throw something without flopping if I have to go through 50 lbs of clay to do it.

FUCK!

(I have to remind myself to breathe. Getting pissed just means my pots get progressively worse. I can't even center properly right now. I feel like I'm in beginning wheel throwing.)

I get really angry at myself when I can't do what I have in mind to do. I'm not sure why, but I seem unable to tolerate my own mistakes.

 I got this thrown, but the rim is kinda wonky, and it's way too wet. I'm afraid it's gonna collapse too, but hopefully if I let it sit for a minute, I can say I made at least one thing today.

I have until 8pm, then it's off to work. Looks like I'm gonna have to devote myself to some daily throwing time if I want to get back to where I was.

No comments: