Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 102 (I think)

I went to Bloomington on Friday with Nich and our friend Laura. While sketching on the way back home, I realized how many things I saw that were cats. We ate at the Runcible Spoon (a reference to the Owl and the Pussycat, a poem by Edward Lear); stopped into the art supply store Pygmalions, whose mascot is a cat, and they also have two shop cats wandering around the store; saw a cat with a rose t-shirt and a maneki neko necklace at a vintage clothing store whose name I forget; and had bubble tea at a chinese food restaurant called Chow Bar with a maneki neko on the counter. We also went to an awesome volunteer run bookstore called Boxcar Books, where I bought two zines and a pack of postcards called "The Cutest Sneeze in the World" and has 30 different postcards with little cat comics on them.

Yesterday I drank chocolate cake shots with my husband, watched A League of their Own, and drew this little guy on one of my cups before I got too tipsy to hold the pencil. I also threw 12 more cups, which I let dry for too long to add handles to, so they're all gonna be tumblers as well. Good thing I really like handle-less cups.
Today was semi productive. I woke up much later than I intended, and I spent way too much time on the internet. I did make some little octopus tile thingys, and got all my cups trimmed.
I did a couple of drawings on cups - one is an official visual journal entry about how I left eggs on the stove boiling until they exploded (it sounded like a gun shot! Scared the crap out of the cats), and the other is from a pin up style pic of my good friend Courtney.

It doesn't really look like her. I guess I need to sharpen up my drawing skills.

I'll probably add color to these tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you... all productive and everything!
(Danette)