Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do you feel like a chain store? Practically floored?



"Do you feel like a chain store
Practically floored
One of many zeros
Kicked around bored
Your ears are full but you're empty
Holding out your heart
To people who never really
Care how you are

So give me Coffee and TV
easily
I've seen so much
I'm going blind
And I'm braindead virtually
Sociability
It's hard enough for me
Take me away from this big bad world
And agree to marry me
So we can start all over again"

-Blur, "Coffee & TV"


 



"i jumped in the river and what did I see?

black-eyed angels swimming with me
a moon full of stars and astral cars
all the figures i used to see
all my lovers were there with me
all my past and futures
and we all went to heaven in a little row boat
there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt"
-Radiohead, "Pyramid Song"

No comments: