Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A momentous occasion.

So, I got this comment on yesterday's blog post. I thought I would save it here. You know, for posterity.

It's my very first comment from a troll! I had a split second of disbelief and incredulous anger, followed by a sudden sense of the hilarity of that comment. I mean, really, it's kind of awesome, isn't it? That someone on the internet who has never met you, has probably never read your blog before, and knows absolutely nothing about your life, suddenly has the gall to pop up out of nowhere and tell you what a lazy, entitled, general waste of human breath you are. Honestly, it's pretty sweet.

It makes me wonder: do internet trolls have Google alerts set up for this kind of stuff? Maybe they get a nice little email everytime the word girl, feminism, or Kickstarter pops up on the internet? I mean, that's got to be a lot of work, policing the entirety of the internet, and putting us lazy, entitled assholes in our place. Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Really, I feel like patting myself on the back. If my asking for funding for a silly little art project (which, in fact, is not silly at all, it's FUCKING AWESOME, and I'm proud of it) pisses off random people enough to come comment on my blog, I must be doing something right!

2 comments:

Mike DiNapoli said...

I'm sure that so called artist never got any help with anything.

I rather donate to this than give anything to a begging drunk.

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha, oh Mike. You certainly have a way with words;)

So, that means you're going to donate, right?