Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mini grrrrrrl jars in the making, craft fair update, and disaster!

Got one of my cups out of the kiln last night, and it is a total failure:( Apparently I did not mix and thin the new jar of commercial glaze well, so it went all crazy. Sadness.

Not only did the glaze get crazy thick and crawl everywhere, but it also had two hairline cracks in the sides. Oh well. I like the drawing enough to try it again on another cup, and maybe make a few changes to it.



My mini jars are coming along nicely, though! I've been painting them for the last couple nights, and I'm really excited about them. I did have an ear break off of the bunny girl jar, but I'm going to try to make some paper clay/slip to fix it with this week. I'll let you know how it goes, and share the recipe if it works out well. Rachel swears by the stuff, and she is an expert at repairing breakage in her pieces!
I call them the bitchy bobblehead twins. What a couple of bitches.

Bear grrrrrl.

Wolf girl plays the orchestra.
I've got a dozen bone dry cups waiting for me to decorate, and a craft fair to prepare for! Gotta get to work, but man is this pregnancy draining the crap out of me! I only have 5 weeks left until my due date, so I'm feeling pressured to get as much ceramic work done as I can before I have to stop. I'm really gonna miss the studio! But I know I'll be back there as soon as I am ready and able. It might be nice to take a break from making for a while, and get some new ideas germinating while I'm resting with my new little creature.

If you are in Indy, you can see me all waddling and preggo at the Handmade Promenade/Record Store Day craft fair going on in Broad Ripple (I got in!). 9 of us will be set up outside of Luna Music. Should be a fun day! I know there's some pretty kick ass live music. I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be on April 16th, so I hope you all come out and say hi! I'll keep you posted on all the cool stuff I'm making to sell. Thinking of maybe making some more tiles, and maybe some buttons.... I just like the idea of making a big basket of colorful buttons! Probably been looking at baby clothes too long. Anyway, unless I go into early labor, I will be there:)

No comments: