Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Love Letter



3 years ago today, I married the love of my life. Everyone says that, but it's not a statement I ever expected to come out of my mouth (or, er, blog). I thought I'd be single forever, or maybe date a string of mediocre guys I kept around just to keep me company. I never thought I'd find THE ONE, like a freakin' chick flick or something. Except my husband isn't some two dimensional magazine model with perfect teeth and nice car, or whatever the hell passes for a romantic interest in Hollywood these days.

I married a man who loves ugly grandpa sweaters in all sincerity, not in an ironic hipster way. Who wore a vintage green western suit and a mohawk to our wedding, and ROCKED IT OUT. Who helped me move 3 separate times expecting nothing in return, and we weren't even dating yet. Who would have proposed to me with a freaking tricycle rather than a ring if his mom hadn't talked him out of it (dude, I love my antique engagement ring that belonged to his grandmother, but I could have had a TRICYCLE. The man KNOWS.) My husband is a weirdo in so many awesome ways, and he complements who I am. More importantly, I know that he genuinely loves who I am, and not who he thinks I should be, or wishes I would be. He has been my support at some of the lowest points in my life, and my biggest fan during some of the highest. He is the most genuinely kind and loyal person I have ever met, and he is an AMAZING father. He's more than I could ever have wished for in a partner.

Nicholas Manuel, if I had to do my life over again, I would choose you over every living person on this planet. You are the Super Meat Boy to my Bandage Girl. I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, stomping into the sunset and leaving destruction, mayhem, and awesomeness in our wake.



If you want to read something awesome that Nich wrote for our wedding website, check this out.

Happy Anniversary my darling:)




No comments: