Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cafecito 2011

I just can't stop looking thru the shop catalog for Cafecito. In case you haven't noticed the name of my blog, I have a thing about cups. Of all the functional ceramic forms out there, cups are definitely my favorite thing. They're just such a useful, everyday object that is also so intimate and personal. In the course of making and selling cups, I've learned just how particular people are about the kind of cups they use: what they use them for, how they hold them, the size, color, everything. People become very attached to a favorite cup or mug, and devastated if it breaks. A different cup can never replace your favorite, especially if it's handmade. Handmade cups are like people. Your favorite mug is like your best friend.

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite cups from the show, including the ones my friends made. If you like one of them, please go to the site and buy it!  It might become your best friend too. Just click on their name for the link.

If you're like me and too broke to buy one, I'd encourage you to Google the artist, check out their work, and maybe even contact them if you can, just to say how much you love their piece. If it were me, I know something like that would make my day, if not my whole week, month, or possibly my year.

Andrew Davis "Duck Parade"

Yukiko Nyhan "Two Ounce Ume Blossoms"

Liz Proffetty "Teacup-Venal Pool"

Kyle Johns "White Dimple Cup"

Megan Mitchell "Black and White Cup and Saucer"

Mindy Andrews "Hanging Tree Block with Cup"

Rachel Bleil "Grazing Teddy"

Rebekah Strickland "Tawny Onion Domes Cup"

Tony Wise "Breve"

1 comment:

Heedless said...

These are great!