Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Handmade Promenade and RIP Dr. Girlfriend

Today is my first craft fair. That's right, my first craft fair ever. I've been a vendor at Kentuckiana Pug Rescue's fund raisers a few times, and sold pottery at the student sale at IUPUI, but this is my first real craft fair. I was fine until around 7p last night when our goldfish, Dr. Girlfriend, died after a week of struggling at the bottom of the tank.
RIP pretty lady.
My mood took a dive, and then I started thinking about what I had left to do before the fair, and I started getting panicky. My husband and I sat pricing and wrapping pottery for about 2 hours last night before I had to go into work. We got everything packed up and in the car. The only thing I can't find are my dadgum business cards. I had to remind myself to breathe.

Somehow I'm a little calmer today. I guess because I know there's not much left for me to do but have a cup of coffee and go setup. I have shelves and bags and a credit card machine and a bunch of cute pottery. I've gone over my stuff to bring checklist twice. I feel like a professional.

ALRIGHT! If you're in Indy and you want to come see me, I'll be at Handmade Promenade at the Stadium Village Farmer's Market in the Schapiro's parking lot from 4p-7:30p. 

I think if I can get a Reuben sandwich from Schapiro's today, all will be right with the world.

3 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

Wish I were in Indy cause I love ceramic pots! I really like the one on your sidebar:)

Unknown said...

Aww, thank you Jeanette! That one in the sidebar is my all time favorite cup - it lives with a good friend of mine in Texas.

Erica R said...

Hi great readding your post